Monday, March 28, 2011
Tahu Isi (Indonesian fried Stuffed Tofu)
- 1 block of tofu diagonally cut and deep fried, make hole manually with spoon, set aside.
- 50gr carrot cut into jullian
- 50gr bean sprout
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 3 garlic minced
- 2 shallots minced
- Oil for deep frying
Batter for the Tofu:
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- Heat little bit oil in a pan, add shallot and garlic when the oil is hot.
- Add carrot stir until carrot is softed.
- Add the rest of ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Fill the tofu with the filling.
- Mix all batter ingredients.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan.
- Dip tofu one by one in batter mixture.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Eat warm with bird’s eye chili or sambal sauce.