Friday, August 30, 2013
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Another version of donut, Chocolaty Donut.
- 2 tsp yeast
- 125 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chocolate cooking (melted)
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp sugar powder
- 2 yolk egg
- 2 cup flour
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Dissolved yeast in the warm water, keep aside until it bubbles (if you used the round shape yeast).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, milk powder, chocolate cooking, sugar powder, salt and baking powder (if you use the needle shape yeast, then you should combine it at this point).
- Mix yolk eggs and butter, add to flour mixture then whisk in gradually dissolved yeast (or only water if you use the needle shape yeast). When the dough is heavy to whisk, start to knead it with your hand. Knead until it combines together and not sticky on your hand, you can add little bit more of flour if needed.
- Cover the bowl of the dough with wrapping plastic, keep in a warm place until its double in size (time is depend on your warm place).
- When the dough doubled in size, removed the plastic cover, knead the dough again one more time for 2 minutes. Roll the dough and cut out with donut shape.
- On a tray covered with a plastic sheet, line the donuts. Cover the donuts with another plastic sheet. Keep aside to rise in a warm place until its double size and light weight.
- Deep fry the donuts on medium-low flame until its golden brown in colors. Keep it on the rack with kitchen towel to remove access oil.
- sprinkle the donut with icing sugar and ready to serve.