Friday, November 10, 2006
Karahi ( fry meat)
Karahi is a traditional dish of Pakistan,and i think its started from peshawar, as Peshawari karahi is famous all over the world ,but now there are differant style of making karahi,The traditinal ways of making Karahi is to cook meat or chicken in karahi(pot).everyone makes karahi in their own style,i also make karahi in different ways and it truns very well, for Peshawari karahi they dont use onions and ginger n garlic ,they cook it in fats and tomatoes and use green chillies,red chillies and salt,and in karachi style they cook with onions ,so different people make it in their style, so here is my karahi style:
1/2 kilo of beef
3 medium size Tomatoes
3-4 Whole Green Chillies
2 tsp. of Ginger Paste
2 tsp. of Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder
Salt (to taste)
1 tsp. of Black Pepper (freshly crushed)
2 tbsp. of Oil
1) Put the meat in a pot or karahi (preferrably a karahi.) Add the Garlic and Ginger paste. And fry on medium heat until any water dries up.
2) Then add 3 glasses of water to meat. Mix and cover and let cook on medium heat. Until meat is tenderized.
3) Once the meat is tender and looks cooked, add the following ingredients: Oil, Salt, Black Peppers, and Red Chilli Powder. If there is still some water remaining in the pot, increase stove heat and constantly stir and let the water dry. Then add green chillies & tomato.
4) Lower heat and cover pot and let cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
5) Once tomatoes are softened, Keep stirring until water dries up.