Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Sambal goreng kentang (Spicy fried potatoes)
I had half package of chicken gizzard left over in the freezer. so I tried to make this sambal goreng kentang instead of wasted. so here is the result, spicy fried potatoes with chicken gizzard, enjoy!
* 500 gr Potatoes, cut into small cubes
* Oil for frying
* 10 chicken gizzard, cut into small pieces
* 1 cm galanggal
* 1 bay leave
* 1 lemongrass
* 5 coves onion
* 2 cloves garlic
* 8 red chillies
* 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar
* 1 tomato
1. Grind together onion, garlic, chilies, sugar, salt and tomato.
2. Meanwhile, fried the potatoes with oil until brown or until cook through , set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan, add grind ingredients and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add galangal, bay leave, lemongrass and chicken gizzard, cook for another 1 minutes, add potatoes and cook for further 5 minutes or untill the chicken gizzard cook through.
5. Serve with white rice.