Bubur Candil ( Glutinous Rice Ball Porridge)
• 200 grams glutinous rice flour
• 175 cc + 750 cc water
• 200 grams brown sugar
• 3 pandan leaves
• 2 tablespoon rice flour and 1 table spoon glutinous rice flour, diluted with some water.
Coconut Milk Sauce:
• 250 cc thick coconut milk from ½ coconut, cooked with ¼ teaspoon salt
• Mix glutinous rice flour and salt. Pour 175 cc water a little at a time, kneading constantly until the dough can be shaped. Make balls with a 1 cm diameter and set aside. Sprinkle with a little wheat flour, to prevent the balls from sticking together
• Heat 750 cc water with brown sugar and pandan leaves until the sugar is dissolved, sieve and bring to boil again.
• Put in glutinous rice flour balls and cook until the balls float and are done. Thicken with rice flour and glutinous rice flour liquid. Stir until all is done.
• Serve in bowls, pour coconut milk sauce on top.