Friday, August 03, 2007
I was craving for yam angku, and found this recipe But unfortunately i didn't have angku mould, and i substituted yam with sweet potato, since i didnt find any here.
150 gm. mung beans- soaked overnight, drained and steamed until soft
2 Tbsp. Oil
150 gm. sugar
120 gm. Yam ( i substituted sweet potato) - steamed and mashed
250 gm. Glutinous rice flour
120 ml. thick coconut milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. oil
120 gm. Yam (sweet potato) - steamed and mashed
a few drops of green colouring
Banana leaves - cut into rounds ( i used kitchen foil)
(1) For filling, put mung bean and oil into a blender and blend until fine while it is still hot. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Cool and divide into small round balls.
(2) For Skin, mix all the ingredients into a soft dough. If dough is too dry, add in some warm water and mix till a dough is formed. Divide into small portions.
(3) Flatten the dough, wrap in filling and press into angku mould.
(4) Knock to release the angku and place onto greased banana leaves and steam for 8 mins. till cooked.
(5) Remove and brush with some oil while it is still hot.