Nasi goreng, literally meaning "fried rice" in Indonesian and Malay. Nasi goreng is a simple dish that is easily modified and can be prepared in as little as five minutes. It is so common, that every household has its own recipe. I love nasi goreng serve with a fried egg on top, together with pickles and some kerupuk (prawn crackers). Enjoy!
* 1 cup cold cooked rice
* 1 tablespoons oil
* 1 egg, fried
* 1 tblsp of dried anchovy, fried
* 5 shallots, pasted
* 2 cloves garlic, pasted
* 3 red chilies, pasted
* 1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
* Pour a small amount of oil in a wok and fry the egg, set a side.
* fry the anchovy till golden brown n crisp, set a side
* Heat the remaining oil in the wok and fry the shallots, garlic, chilies and shrimp paste for a minute .
* Increase the heat to high and add the rice, salt, anchovy and soy sauce, adding a little oil if necessary, stirring constantly until well mixed and heated through.
* Garnish with fried egg.