Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Tofu in soy sauce (semur tahu)
* 4 blocks of tofu, deep fry until half-cooked
* 4 shallots, sliced
* 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
* 2 tblsp oil
* 3 cloves
* 1 tsp of white pepper powder
* 2 whole cardamoms
* 1 tomato, diced,
* 2 tblsp of ketchup
* 5 tblsp (or to taste) kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
* 1 1/2 cups water
* sugar and salt to taste
* Heat oil in the pan, add sliced shallots and garlic, stir fry until fragrant.
* Add white pepper powder, cloves, cardamoms, tomato and ketchup, sugar and salt continue to stir fry for about 1 minute.
* add sweet soy sauce, and tofu stir well, and lastly add water.
* Simmer, uncover until the water evaporate to half and a bit thickened.
* Remove from heat and Sprinkle with fried shallots.