Monday, July 18, 2011
Simple Sponge Cake
1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Grounded sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
4 Egg,yolk and egg white separated
1 tsp Baking powder
Vinalia Essence, Few drops
1. Preheat the oven to 190C
2. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Using an electric mixer cream together until pale and fluffy.
3. Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mix, while mixing on medium speed. If the mixture starts to curdle add a little flour.
4. When the eggs and butter mix are combined, slowly mix in the flour.
5. grease and line the cake tins with greaseproof paper. Fill the cake tins evenly with the cake mixture and spread with a spatula.
6. Bake the cake for around 25 minutes, Use a skewer to test if the cake is cooked. It should come out clean when the sponge it cooked through.
7. Remove from the tin and allow the cakes to cool on a wire rack. If you are not decorating the cake on the same day, wrap it in plastic food wrap and keep in a dry cool place for use the next day. If you need to keep it longer store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze.